Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. During these unprecedented times, we are enhancing safety protocols in accordance with recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and team. For example:
- Screenings will occur when scheduling, the day prior to appointment, and upon arrival to the office. In addition, temperature checks and hand sanitizer will be required upon arrival.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing. Patients may be asked to wait in their cars prior to entering and to limit extra companions except for pediatric and special needs patients. Companions will be asked to wear a mask.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Strict adherence to infection control standards and COVID-19 transmission precautions including personal protective equipment, increased cleaning & sanitizing, increased barriers throughout the office, adjustment of clinical techniques to reduce aerosols, air purifiers in each room to reduce aerosols, and steps to prevent transmission between work and home for staff.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
“Attention to detail drives everything we do.”
For the protection of our patients and our staff, our practice utilizes a system to ensure the effectiveness of our sterilization procedures. This is one aspect of a complete infections control program within our practice and is recommended by the US Centers for Disease Control and the American Dental Association.
Our office takes every precaution to prevent cross-contamination and promote infection control.
- Weekly biological monitoring of our sterilization system.
- Autoclave sterilization system for each dental handpiece instrument.
- Multi-process sterilization for all dental instruments.
- Separate sterilized water supply for each dental unit: Handpiece instruments, Water, and Air Systems.
- Purging and disinfecting system for each water line to each dental unit.
- Disinfectant used on each room after every patient.
- Up to date OSHA guideline system.
We take pride in the level of care we provide to our patients and having proper sterilization systems in place is just one aspect of the “behind the scenes”care you receive and come to expect.
We know the effort we put into protecting our patients from infectious disease is well worth the time and expenses invested to keep our families and our Brilliant Smiles dental team protected.
Feel free to discuss your questions with any one of our Brilliant Smiles team members.